Thunderbolt port to mini-Displayport via Thunderbolt to Thunderbolt cable
Will a Thunderbolt cable connect a 2012 MacbookPro (with a Thunderbolt port) to a late-2009 iMac (with a miniDisplay port) and operate in target mode? What about audio signal as well as video?
- Asked by Andrew M from Darien
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt port to mini-Displayport via Thunderbolt to Thunderbolt cable)
2 Answers from the Community
All you need is a mini-Displayport to mini-Displayport cable. Skip this upscale Thunderbolt to Thunderbolt cable. You'll find mini-Displayport to mini-Displayport cables much cheaper in other retailers.
- Answered by Meng W from Ansonia
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes, it will. I have exactly that configuration and the late 2009 iMac works in target mode with my MacBook Pro retina (MacBookPro10,1)
- Answered by Carlos G from Valencia
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will this work on a macbook air with a thunderbolt port?
- Asked by Rachel R from Berkeley
- Dec 9, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work on a macbook air with a thunderbolt port?)
- Asked about: Moshi Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adap…
Macbook Air Mini DisplayPort
- Asked by Bryce B from Vancouver
- Sep 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Macbook Air Mini DisplayPort)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
No answers yet
What are the USB ports and Ethernet port on Thunderbolt Displays used for?
- Asked by Vaibhav D from Pune
- Feb 17, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (What are the USB ports and Ethernet port on Thunderbolt Displays used for?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Display (27-inch)