Will 12 w USB for i pad 4 charge an iPhone 3g generation ?
I lost my iPhone 3G charger and I want to know if it is ok to use my iPad 4 12 w USB charger
- Asked by مني س from Suez
- Jul 7, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will 12 w USB for i pad 4 charge an iPhone 3g generation ?)
2 Answers from the Community
Yes you can use it for your iPhone
- Answered by Malcolm L from Tampa
- Jul 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Technically, it will; provided that you plug in an USB to 30-pin cable bcz that's the plug you have in the iPhone 3gs.
However, iPad4's charger has a 2.1A (or even a bit higher) charging capacity whereas the iPhone needs only a more conservative 1.0A charging. I'm not totally sure if this 12W charger has a current limiting function, while charging. If not, it will charge your iPhone almost twice faster. The consequences may be that your iPhone will get warmer than it's usual while being charged by this 12W charger and the phone's internal battery may detoriate gradually because of this "heavier and faster" charging.
- Answered by M. Afak Y
- Aug 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I plug in a 3g/4g USB dongle into this Airport Extreme?
- Asked by Chai B from Bandar Metro Puchong
- Jul 27, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I plug in a 3g/4g USB dongle into this Airport Extreme?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
This ipod shuffle usb cable I can use to battery charging for the iphone 3G
- Asked by Liz Marie P from Gretna
- Nov 5, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (This ipod shuffle usb cable I can use to battery charging for the iphone 3G)
- Asked about: Apple iPod shuffle USB Cable