is it ok to use the 12w charger for older i-pods?
- Asked by Kristiina F
- Apr 7, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (is it ok to use the 12w charger for older i-pods?)
3 Answers from the Community
It is perfectly fine! All chargers made by apple are backwards compatible with other devices, meaning that it is safe to use them.
- Answered by Philip A from Naples
- Apr 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
- Answered by Linda G from Albuquerque
- Sep 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
If one is to trust the Product Information section, it is compatible with "all" iPod models. Alas, from my own experience, and for some mysterious reason, it doesn't work with the 2009 160 GB Classic model; and that incompatibility probably extends to all Classic iPods, as per the Compatibility section, which contains none. Nice case of right hand not talking to left hand. Or vice versa.
- Answered by Michel V from Sainte-julie
- Jan 7, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can I charge from the wall using the included microsub cable and an apple wall adapter (eg, the 5W iPhone or 12W iPad wall adapter)?
- Asked by David C from Berkeley
- Oct 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I charge from the wall using the included microsub cable and an apple wall adapter (eg, the 5W iPhone or 12W iPad wall adapter)?)
- Asked about: Bose® QuietComfort® 20i Acoustic No…