Can Apple earphones/buds be used with laptops?
I have an HP dv6 laptop (3 years old) & am allergic to the earbuds that have the latex filters on them. I'm trying to find an alternative but am coming up with nothing other then the Apple earbuds. Do they work with laptops?
- Asked by Suzanne A from Philadelphia
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Apple earphones/buds be used with laptops?)
3 Answers from the Community
You can hear sound with them like any headphone / headset, but the microphone will not work.
- Answered by Jason S from Lancaster
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I tried using my new earpods with my 2yo Dell lapotop and nothing is coming through with them. They work perfectly fine on my iPhone 4 though.
- Answered by Olaf F from Pitman
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I bought them for my iPad Mini, but I also use these with my laptop.
Just for fun, I tried them in my early (2nd generation and pre-controls) iPod Shuffle and I can hear just fine.
If these do not work on your laptop, I suspect you may find someone makes a third party adapter for 3.5mm 4-pole female to 3-pole male.
If all else fails, I know I have seen non-latex replacement tips for standard earbuds somewhere in my travels.
- Answered by Walter C G from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can i use Apple TV with any laptop using windows?
- Asked by Diane Y from Hershey
- Feb 27, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use Apple TV with any laptop using windows?)
- Asked about: Apple TV
Can it be used on laptops that aren't Apple products?
- Asked by Yaya J from East Orange
- Mar 5, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it be used on laptops that aren't Apple products?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive