will the AV adapter work on the first generation i pad
I have the original I pad and would like to hook up to my TV. will the AV adapter work ? and will it play audio as well as video
- Asked by Patricia D from Philadelphia
- Dec 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (will the AV adapter work on the first generation i pad)
2 Answers from the Community
The Lightning AV adapter will only work with the iPad 4, iPad Mini, iPhone 5/5C/5S and the latest generation iPod devices that have the Lightning connector.
The first, second and third generation iPad have the older 30 pin connector so you need to use the 30 pin version on this store.
- Answered by John C
- Dec 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No it won't, you may get picture but no sound. I too attempted this on my 1st generation iPad to watch NHL TV through my TV's 2nd HDMI input but while you can view the picture, you won't get sound too, unfortunately. If you have AppleTV however, you can airplay it to the TV.
- Answered by Rick P from Dartmouth
- Dec 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does the 30 pin digital av adapter work for I pad first generation
- Asked by Daniel G from Port Huron
- Mar 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the 30 pin digital av adapter work for I pad first generation)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter
does this work with I Pad I
- Asked by Melinda R from Lexington
- Jan 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (does this work with I Pad I)
- Asked about: HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One Pri…
Will this adapter work connecting the first generation iPad with a MacBook pro?
- Asked by Erica E from Boyertown
- Jul 30, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter work connecting the first generation iPad with a MacBook pro?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter