What resolution do iTunes movie rentals display in with this adapter if I got the HD version? Full 1080p?
- Asked by Gabriel V from San Jose
- Nov 30, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What resolution do iTunes movie rentals display in with this adapter if I got the HD version? Full 1080p?)
1 Answer from the Community
The iTunes movie rentals would display at the max resolution of the adapter, which, unfortunately, is 1600 x 900. This is due to the fact that the cable has inside it a computer chip, which decodes the information from the iPad, and then up scales it to 1080p, so the image is first compressed, and then expanded again, decreasing the image quality. However, due to the fact that the cord has a chip inside it, it may be possible to update the chip, and increase the resolution in the future. Until then, though, the true resolution of the video is up scaled 1600 x 900, whether you have the HD version or not.
- Answered by Phil & Margaret S from Cairns
- Apr 20, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
is every video I add on a macbook upscaled into full hd 1080p
- Asked by Sibusiso N
- Jun 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (is every video I add on a macbook upscaled into full hd 1080p)
- Asked about: Mac