When used with an iPhone 5, does it stretch the output?
iPhone 5 is at 1136x640, so when connected to an HDTV, does the TV get sent a 640p signal, or a 720p signal where everything is slightly blurry from upscaling? If it sends a 640p signal, then you could decide for yourself with the TV's options whether to upscale or leave the image with a border around it.
- Asked by Darren K from Lexington
- Nov 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (When used with an iPhone 5, does it stretch the output?)
1 Answer from the Community
720p - with black bars when vertical.
- Answered by Stephen I from San Jose
- Mar 20, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does the iPhone 5s dock do video output
- Asked by Kevin G from Pleasant Grove
- Sep 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the iPhone 5s dock do video output)
- Asked about: iPhone 5s Dock
Will the product function using a widescreen display without letterboxing or stretching?
- Asked by Mark A from Upper Coomera
- Oct 4, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the product function using a widescreen display without letterboxing or stretching?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to VGA Adapter