How does audio work with lighting to VGA adaptor?
I have a pioneer avh-2500bt that is telling me I need VGA adaptor for my iPhone 5..
Although, I'm finding out that it does not support audio transfer. How does the audio work?
- Asked by Karl R from Hobbs
- Mar 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How does audio work with lighting to VGA adaptor?)
3 Answers from the Community
To get audio, you need to connect the iPhone to a set of speakers (or your sound system) using the headphone jack, or you can just use the iphone's speaker.
You can't get audio through VGA because it is just for the video.
- Answered by Cameron B from Keysborough
- Apr 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The lighting to VGA adaptor does not support audio. VGA cables have never supported audio.
- Answered by Sean O from North Haven
- Apr 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
If you read the full statement:
"iPhone 5 compatibility requires a free firmware update from Pioneer (available Spring 2013) and the purchase of the CD-IV202AV interface cable kit (sold separately), Apple® Lightning to VGA adapter (sold separately), and Apple Lightning to USB cable (sold separately)."
That is you need to purchase three things:
-CD-IV202AV interface cable kit
-Apple® Lightning to VGA Adapter
-Apple® Lightning to USB Cable
The Lightning to VGA adapter will connect between the iPhone and the the CD-IV202AV
The Lightning to USB Cable will connect between the VGA Adapter (via lightning port) and CD-IV202AV.
Therefore one would assume the audio is transmitted digitally over the USB
- Answered by Peter C
- Apr 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
will this work with the lightening to VGA adaptor to an iPad (third gen)?
- Asked by Julie M from Austin
- Nov 19, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (will this work with the lightening to VGA adaptor to an iPad (third gen)?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
what adaptor works with macbook air and a vga plug
- Asked by Bridget C from Atlanta
- Feb 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (what adaptor works with macbook air and a vga plug)
- Asked about: Apple Mini DVI to VGA Adapter