Can I use Lightning to 30-pin Adapter + 30-pin to VGA Adapter to connect iPad mini with my projector?
I already have 30-pin to VGA Adapter that can properly display iPhone 4s screen on projector. I'm deciding to buy iPad mini with an adapter between Lightning to 30-pin Adapter or Lightning to VGA Adapter. Which one should I buy?
I think Lightning to 30-pin Adapter is multi-purpose adapter but I'm not sure that will it work properly if I connect like this?
iPad mini -> Lightning to 30-pin Adapter -> 30-pin to VGA Adapter -> Projector
- Asked by Apisilp T from Sala Thammasop, Thawi Watthana
- Nov 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use Lightning to 30-pin Adapter + 30-pin to VGA Adapter to connect iPad mini with my projector?)
5 Answers from the Community
It clearly states in the description that this adaptor DOES NOT support video output. Therefore, it will NOT work for what you are planning to do with it.
- Answered by Lawrence W from Mississuga
- Jan 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No, you can't use the 30-pin to VGA in conjunction with the 30-pin to lightning to get around buying the new VGA to lightning ...Boo! Sadly no one at the Apple Store seemed to know this (and they didn't have the new one in stock)...I should have checked this forum first! Off to another Apple store...
- Answered by Frances D from Newmarket
- Sep 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
No. It doesn't work. You have to buy the new adaptor unfortunately.
- Answered by Garland E from Plano
- Jan 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
You can use the either Lightning Digital AV Adapter which has HDMI, or the Lightning to VGA Adapter to connect to the projector.
- Answered by Rick P from Lago Vista
- Feb 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
I would go with a new adaptor. The less in between connections from front to back will preserve your signal strength and is one less place for connection to fail. I am not sure how the 30 pin connector is wired, it might not match up when you connect the ends but with the lightning to VGA at least you can be assured the wiring will function correctly.
- Answered by Victor A from Phoenix
- Dec 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
Can I use Lightning to 30‑pin Adapter on the Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter to connect my iPad mini ?
- Asked by Alvin J from Richmond
- Jan 27, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use Lightning to 30‑pin Adapter on the Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter to connect my iPad mini ?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter