Lightening to 30 pin adaptor - will I get TV picture signal from an IDTV tuner/receiver
I have an IDTV Freeview receiver which is designed to be plugged in to my iPad with retina so that I can watch Freeview TV on my iPad. But is has the 30 pin plug. I was planning to get a Lightening to 30 pin adapter to connect the two up. But, the product description says that video output is not supported.
So, would that mean that I only get the sound and not the picture?
All answers gratefully received
- Asked by Katie R from Letchworth
- Sep 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Lightening to 30 pin adaptor - will I get TV picture signal from an IDTV tuner/receiver)
1 Answer from the Community
The Lightning to 30 pin adaptor works perfectly well with the IDTV tuner/receiver....the tv signal is picked up by the IDTV unit and passed through the Lightning to 30 pin adaptor to the ipad. You can watch all the standard definition tv stations available in your area..it works very well if you have good reception (strong signal) in your area.
The Lightning to 30 pin adaptor allows the video signal to go into the ipad, it will not allow video signal to go the other direction, that is to say ...no video out.
- Answered by Michael S from Belgrave
- Oct 25, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can you use an apple 30pin digital AV adaptor on all TVs
- Asked by Brenda W
- Dec 21, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use an apple 30pin digital AV adaptor on all TVs)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter
If my television does not have an aerial will apple TV still work?
- Asked by Emily I
- Oct 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (If my television does not have an aerial will apple TV still work?)
- Asked about: Apple TV