Can I use the lightning reader to transfer photos from my iPhone 5 to a sd card?
My iPhone takes great pictures and I would like to take the pictures off of my iPhone 5 and put them on a sd card so that I can put the pictures on Photoshop on my computer.
- Asked by Pati W from Larkspur
- Jan 22, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the lightning reader to transfer photos from my iPhone 5 to a sd card?)
1 Answer from the Community
The short answer is no, it will not upload photos to a card, only download them from the card. BUT, you already have all you need to import photos to your computer. Use the Lightning cable that came with your phone, and plug it into a USB port on your computer. You can then upload the photos through an iTunes backup, or you can choose to have your computer recognize the iPhone as a camera (most computers will, even Windows PC's), and upload them directly into your photo file on your computer. Depending on what type of computer you have, this will be different folders. For a Mac, you can choose to upload them directly into iPhoto. On a Windows PC, you can select whatever folder you normally use to upload photos for Photoshop.
- Answered by Matthew L from Charlotte
- May 11, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can you transfer movies off of the SD card or photos only?
- Asked by Kelley K from Hemet
- Apr 15, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you transfer movies off of the SD card or photos only?)
- Asked about: Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit
How do I transfer photos from my SD card to my ipad
- Asked by Gary M from Cortez
- Dec 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I transfer photos from my SD card to my ipad)
- Asked about: iPad