Will this support a usb keyboard to use in the garage band app?
- Asked by Philip M from Amsterdam
- Oct 26, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this support a usb keyboard to use in the garage band app?)
2 Answers from the Community
I use it to connect a Akai LPK25 mini 25 key usb midi keyboard. Straight connection.
My iPad Mini actually supplies power to this keyboard, but a larger one may need to be powered separately.
Very sweet and helps make it worth the $30.
- Answered by Karl G from Elmira
- Nov 16, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
According to one user on another forum, it does support core midi and midi audio:
"midi through the lightning port and the USB adapter is working as I hoped.
I can confirm that connecting the MAudio UNO midi adapter via the lighting to USB cable works fine. All my synth apps like Alchemy, Magellan and Animoog are able to see my attached Roland A500 Pro keyboard through the midi ports to MAudio UNO to lightning connector on the iPad.
Note, my keyboard also has a USB port on it that can connect directly to a PC, but since it draws power for the keyboard through the USB this method will not work with the new iPad. But that never did work even on my older iPad. I have to power the keyboard with an external power supply and use the midi adapter."
- Answered by Paul W
- Nov 3, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
This mic requires Garage Band on my iPhone?
- Asked by Joan B from Missoula
- May 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (This mic requires Garage Band on my iPhone?)
- Asked about: Apogee MiC Digital Microphone
what does garage band do? is it capable of printing out a music score from a keyboard input?
- Asked by David K from Lincoln
- Mar 14, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (what does garage band do? is it capable of printing out a music score from a keyboard input?)
- Asked about: Mac
Connecting the electric guitar to garage band...where do I find the cables for it?
- Asked by Manuel A D from Texas City
- Jul 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Connecting the electric guitar to garage band...where do I find the cables for it?)
- Asked about: Mac