Will the quality of the picture change?
I have Canon EOS1100D. It`s 12.2 mega-pixels. Will the quality of the pictures change if I put them in my iPad. It`s just that I want to edit the photos on my iPad and share them on FB, Twitter, Instagram etc. and I don`t want the quality to change...
- Asked by Alise S
- Nov 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the quality of the picture change?)
2 Answers from the Community
Most ipad apps do have a " limit" to there resolution but some do not. Keep in mind this is a software only limit and not an ipad hardware limit. With the right app your resolution should not change. But, the iPads has a weak spot ( all of them ) and its a shortage of ram. There is just not enough to do heavy graphics work ( for that you need a computer laptop or workstation system with loads of power and ram) . I do pictures regularly that get into the GB sizes per photo and this would trash my iPads . With that in mind, a 12 + megapixel picture for Facebook/ Instagram or email for example is for the most part complete overkill and a down sized resolution of just 2-3K would still be stunning on a retina screen. The ipad would do a fine job simply re-coloring or retro affecting / resizing your pictures before sending. Remember , the larger the picture the slower it goes, the more bandwidth it uses and the more it will cost you to send and for your friend to receive ( especially when the overage charges come in).
My 2 cents,
- Answered by David M from Toronto
- Dec 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I myself have a 12 megapixel Pentax camera and use my iPad almost exclusively for RAW photo editing with no noticeable loss of picture quality.
While the iPad does have limitations I have never expirienced any issues with editing large photo files .
I load the photos directly from my camera and use a terrific app called photogene to edit the Raw files and then save or upload them as JPG.
- Answered by Paul J from Burnside
- Dec 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
which has a better picture quality, dvi or vga adapters? i am wanting to try and maintain the picture quality of my macbook pro to another monitor...
- Asked by Tod W from Las Vegas
- Feb 24, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (which has a better picture quality, dvi or vga adapters? i am wanting to try and maintain the picture quality of my macbook pro to another monitor...)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
Can you change the background on the 5C to a picture?
- Asked by Mackenzie H from North Canton
- Sep 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you change the background on the 5C to a picture?)
- Asked about: iPhone