Could this be used as a general usb port like on a computer or is it just for cameras?
For example, would you be able to connect an external hard drive to the iPad to transfer movies/videos?
1 Answer from the Community
Still testing what will/won't connect with this to my iPad Mini, but anything that needs power from USB (ie card reader, thumb drive or mini USB HDD) comes up with a message 'the connected USB device requires too much power' and does not connect.
Canon 50D connects fine, and appears as 'Camera' in photos app, and allows import into a separate 'imported' album (not camera roll.
- Answered by Nick K
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can this be used with a car charger that has a USB port?
- Asked by Cheryl C from Damascus
- Jan 20, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used with a car charger that has a USB port?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable
can the usb superdrive be used as a backup for the computer?
- Asked by Linda G from Tulsa
- Mar 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can the usb superdrive be used as a backup for the computer?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
Can I get a port to my itouch so I can plug in a SD card and a USB to get more memory?
- Asked by Brian H from Wellington
- Jan 8, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I get a port to my itouch so I can plug in a SD card and a USB to get more memory?)
- Asked about: Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit