Compatible for use with the Apple USB Ethernet adapter?
I saw that there's no direct lightning to Ethernet adapter out there. But there is the Apple USB to Ethernet adapter. Would I be able to plug this into my iPad mini, then use the USB to Ethernet adapter? Devices connected via Ethernet at my office are blazing fast and would make a huge difference with this. Any response/suggestions are greatly appreciated.
- Asked by Joshua L from Denver
- Sep 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatible for use with the Apple USB Ethernet adapter?)
1 Answer from the Community
Quick answer: No. The Lightning interface does not support ethernet connections. The Lightning to USB adapter is meant for small non powered storage devices like flash drives. You can however, connect a powered USB hub to it and use USB piano keyboards, mics as well as large capacity external hard drives.
- Answered by Sean O from North Haven
- Nov 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can two mac air be hard wired on a thunderbolt to gigabit ethernet adapter?
- Asked by Jacques C from Riverside
- Jul 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can two mac air be hard wired on a thunderbolt to gigabit ethernet adapter?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…
what is the purpose of the usb ethernet adapter
- Asked by Sheryl J from Farmington Hills
- Jun 21, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the purpose of the usb ethernet adapter)
- Asked about: Apple USB Ethernet Adapter