can this be used to access files from a flashdrive?
- Asked by Chanice G from Orlando
- Jan 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can this be used to access files from a flashdrive?)
2 Answers from the Community
so far it will not read my 16gig flash drive. It says to much power is needed. I wonder if an external hard drive with it's own power source will work. If anybody has one, try it and let us know.
- Answered by Summer G from Potterville
- Feb 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I tried to connect my SanDisk 8GB Cruzer thumb drive to my iPhone 6, but I got this error message:
"! Cannot Use Device Cruzer: The connected connected device requires too much power."
I haven't tried this specific combo with an iPad, but in my experiments the iPad will power some devices that my iPhone won't. I can get some power-hungry devices to work with my iPhone by putting a powered USB hub between the device and this adapter.
- Answered by Rod T from Alexandria
- Jan 3, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can you save files from the ipad mini to a flashdrive
- Asked by Leslie A W from Hales Corners
- Dec 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can you save files from the ipad mini to a flashdrive)
- Asked about: Bretford Mobility Cart 30 for MacBo…
Can I transfer photos from a flashdrive to an ipad, without using a PC or going through iTunes?
- Asked by Matthew P from Chicago
- Jul 27, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I transfer photos from a flashdrive to an ipad, without using a PC or going through iTunes?)
- Asked about: iPad