What is the practical usage of this?
Is the only use for this with an iPhone 5 for 'charging'? How about connecting a digital camera?
- Asked by Michael F from Fair Lawn
- Nov 8, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the practical usage of this?)
2 Answers from the Community
Per an EU MoU (IP-09-1049), mobile phone manufacturers are required to support micro-USB connections on their devices. This ensures that regardless of device, one type of charger connection will work.
Apple satisfies this requirement by providing an adapter at additional cost. If you're like most people and have multiple devices that use micro-USB in addition to newer Apple products, this device allows you to use the same cables for all of them, be it charging or connecting to your computer.
- Answered by Thomas N from Brighton
- Dec 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
This is only for charging and syncing.
- Answered by William L from Thornton
- Nov 16, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can this device be used to play/practice along with music from the device's iTunes library?
- Asked by Benjamin M from San Diego
- Jan 22, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this device be used to play/practice along with music from the device's iTunes library?)
- Asked about: iRig HD Digital Guitar Interface fo…
Is this a three pin plug adapter for usage in England?
- Asked by Gary H
- Nov 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this a three pin plug adapter for usage in England?)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter