What is the practical usage of this?
Is the only use for this with an iPhone 5 for 'charging'? How about connecting a digital camera?
- Asked by Michael F from Fair Lawn
- Nov 8, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the practical usage of this?)
2 Answers from the Community
Per an EU MoU (IP-09-1049), mobile phone manufacturers are required to support micro-USB connections on their devices. This ensures that regardless of device, one type of charger connection will work.
Apple satisfies this requirement by providing an adapter at additional cost. If you're like most people and have multiple devices that use micro-USB in addition to newer Apple products, this device allows you to use the same cables for all of them, be it charging or connecting to your computer.
- Answered by Thomas N from Brighton
- Dec 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
This is only for charging and syncing.
- Answered by William L from Thornton
- Nov 16, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can i carry it for my iPhone 6 plus usage?
- Asked by Leslie E from Henderson
- Sep 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i carry it for my iPhone 6 plus usage?)
- Asked about: G-Tech 1TB G-DRIVE mobile USB 3.0 H…
No answers yet
Will use of this contribute towards any data usage on the iPhone?
- Asked by Kim P from Perth
- May 19, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Will use of this contribute towards any data usage on the iPhone?)
- Asked about: Nike + iPod Sensor