ipad mini to ethernet
Can I attach my iPad mini to an ether net cable. Don't have a lot of access to wi-fi, but yes to ethernet connections. Will this Micro adapter allow me to then plug in my USB ethernet adaptor that I have for my mac and then access internet on mini.
- Asked by K A from Sale
- Feb 7, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (ipad mini to ethernet)
3 Answers from the Community
If your Mac has a wired ethernet connection to the Internet you could share that over a peer to peer WiFi connection with your iPad mini.Click on the WiFi icon in the bar at the top right of the screen on your mac then choose Create Network.
- Answered by Timothy D from Leicester
- Mar 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The lightning connector does not support an ethernet connection. Besides that, your ethernet adapter most likely is a full sized USB device where this is a micro USB connector. They are not the same.
- Answered by Joshua R from Brownton
- Feb 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Or you could also just buy an Apple Airport Express. Plug it in to your Ethernet and boom - you have WiFi. Refurbished older generations go for about $69 and the latest new ones for $99.
- Answered by Randy R from Victoria
- May 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Compatible for use with the Apple USB Ethernet adapter?
- Asked by Joshua L from Denver
- Sep 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatible for use with the Apple USB Ethernet adapter?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
can i use with my ipad mini?
- Asked by Pedro L from Germantown
- Jan 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use with my ipad mini?)
- Asked about: Kanex ATV Pro HDMI to VGA Adapter w…
Should i get iPad mini Retina display or ipad Mini?
- Asked by Siaw Hui B from Miri
- Sep 22, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Should i get iPad mini Retina display or ipad Mini?)
- Asked about: iPad