Does the Micro USB cable that goes into the Lightning to Micro USB Adapter need an authentication chip?
As we all know Apple have added a chip to the cables so that onlygenuine Apple cables will work when charging. I wanted origionally a coloured 3m cable but only 3rd part suppliers use them which don't have the chip.
This adapter allows micro USB ones to be used but do those cables need one of those authentication chips in?
All I want is to buy a funky looking 3m coloured cable for my mum which Apple do no offer in their range however I could buy if there was no chip.
If I get this adapter can I then buy a coloured 3m Micro Usb to USB cable and it will still work?
1 Answer from the Community
No, the authentication is within this adapter and therefore will work with any micro usb cable.
- Answered by Thomas P from Wooloowin
- May 24, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
will this case fit lightning adapter micro usb
- Asked by Shaun G
- Sep 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (will this case fit lightning adapter micro usb)
- Asked about: iPhone 5s Case - (PRODUCT)RED
How long are the cables included?
- Asked by Stephen H from Wayne
- Feb 9, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (How long are the cables included?)
- Asked about: Twelve South HiRise Deluxe Charging…
No answers yet
do I need a micro usb cable for Apple TV to connect to the computer?
- Asked by Carol F from Paradise Valley
- Jul 28, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (do I need a micro usb cable for Apple TV to connect to the computer?)
- Asked about: Apple TV