Can I connect my garmin bike computer to the iPad mini using this adapter?
- Asked by Emily N
- Nov 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my garmin bike computer to the iPad mini using this adapter?)
1 Answer from the Community
Sadly no (I'd love this functionality too) - the iPad software only allows specific devices to interact with the iPad in 'host' mode. So cameras, for example.
Garmin connect dashboard uses a plugin called 'Communicator' (a small application that runs in the background) on your mac or PC to enable the webpage to download the rides from your computer. Unfortunately although you may be able to visit the Garmin website on your iPad, there's no way for the website to load any communicator plugins on an iPad to pull the data off the Garmin device via the iPad. There is also the limitation of the fact that Apple has locked down this functionality.
The only hope in the future would be Garmin writing an App and making a specific device interface to enable this - but knowing Garmin, bluetooth 4.0 connectivity is more likely than this!
- Answered by Mark W
- Oct 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I connect my garmin edge 705 to iPad
- Asked by Dave H
- Aug 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my garmin edge 705 to iPad)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable
No answers yet
Using iConnect Scanner with iPad mini
- Asked by J. David O from Lakeland
- Jan 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Using iConnect Scanner with iPad mini)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2 m)
No answers yet
Extra uses for the Lightning Digital AV Adapter?
- Asked by Cedric Gabriel C from Los Angeles
- Feb 15, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Extra uses for the Lightning Digital AV Adapter?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter