Can I connect my garmin bike computer to the iPad mini using this adapter?
- Asked by Emily N
- Nov 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my garmin bike computer to the iPad mini using this adapter?)
1 Answer from the Community
Sadly no (I'd love this functionality too) - the iPad software only allows specific devices to interact with the iPad in 'host' mode. So cameras, for example.
Garmin connect dashboard uses a plugin called 'Communicator' (a small application that runs in the background) on your mac or PC to enable the webpage to download the rides from your computer. Unfortunately although you may be able to visit the Garmin website on your iPad, there's no way for the website to load any communicator plugins on an iPad to pull the data off the Garmin device via the iPad. There is also the limitation of the fact that Apple has locked down this functionality.
The only hope in the future would be Garmin writing an App and making a specific device interface to enable this - but knowing Garmin, bluetooth 4.0 connectivity is more likely than this!
- Answered by Mark W
- Oct 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can i use more than 1 ipad on same computer?
- Asked by Richard G from Gallatin
- Nov 17, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use more than 1 ipad on same computer?)
- Asked about: iPad
No answers yet
Can I use this adapter to connect a DAC to my iPad mini?
- Asked by Patrick J
- Jul 15, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this adapter to connect a DAC to my iPad mini?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
Can I connect my garmin edge 705 to iPad
- Asked by Dave H
- Aug 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my garmin edge 705 to iPad)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable
No answers yet