does this work with car audio/video?
- Asked by Calvin C from Harbor City
- Flag as inappropriate (does this work with car audio/video?)
10 Answers from the Community
It works n my Sony, with the exception of song data from Pandora....
- Answered by Robert Y from Sachse
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
My car stereo has a USB slot and worked with my iPhone 4. I'm pleased to say the iPhone 5/lightning connector also works just fine
- Answered by Steven O
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
It will not transmit car video. Even the Lightning adapter won't do video. This cable will work with your car if two things are true:
1) Your car has a USB plug and specifically supports iPod/iPhone use through that connection.
2) Your car is not a BMW or other exotic that supports the obscure "iPod Out" video/audio interface.
If your car has a wire coming out of the console or glove box that ends in a 30 pin connector, you'll need the lightning adapter.
- Answered by William I from Portland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
It works flawlessly with my JVC head unit.
- Answered by Kevin M from Hampton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
If your car audio/video head unit has a USB connection, the new cable/iPhone 5 will work fine. If you are using the headphone connection to your car audio/video unit it will also work without issue.
Finally, for those with audio/video head units that connected directly to the original 30pin connector, you will need the adapter from apple or an adapter from your head unit's manufacture (if/when made available).
Hope this helped.
- Answered by Michael U from Baltimore
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
Unfortunately not with all of them. The new cable does not support ipod out protocol that a majority of stereos use.
- Answered by Kass H from Tacoma
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
It works perfectly with the Sync system in our 2013 Ford Flex. Well, as perfectly as anything works with this buggy system! I've also used it with a Chrysler Uconnect system and it worked fine.
- Answered by Stephen F from Wooster
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
Audio (e.g. Pandora & iPod) works fine. This cable does not support video however (e.g. Netflix & GPS navigation).
- Answered by Scott C from Elko
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 8
It works with our 2012 BMW 750i and 2011 BMW ActiveE (1 series electric car).
- Answered by Bradley S from El Cajon
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 9
I cannot speak for all cars with iPod integration, but it definitely works with the 2011 Honda City.
- Answered by Murray S from Upper Kedron
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 10
Will this adapter receive audio/video from the Lightning adapter for the iPhone 5?
- Asked by W Adam V from Norcross
- Sep 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter receive audio/video from the Lightning adapter for the iPhone 5?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter
can I use an audio video receiver
- Asked by Walt D from Chandler
- Feb 20, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use an audio video receiver)
- Asked about: Apple TV
No answers yet
is there a way to charge and use audio / video simulataneously?
- Asked by Daniel B. W from La Porte
- Aug 27, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (is there a way to charge and use audio / video simulataneously?)
- Asked about: Apple Composite AV Cable