will it take mini dvd-r discs that are used in camcorders?
- Asked by Nicholas H from Wetaskiwin
- Jun 27, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (will it take mini dvd-r discs that are used in camcorders?)
4 Answers from the Community
no, you can only use regular-sized dvd / cd disks. don't attempt to insert a mini-dvd or a mini-cd, as it will get stuck in, you won't be able to take it out and you will have to have your superdrive serviced. on top of that, it might jeopardize the superdrive's internal parts.
- Answered by Ciprian L from Manchester
- Dec 10, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No, the Apple SuperDrive uses a cantilever system to center the full sized disk to the central hip. Mini DVD-R disks are smaller than the mechanism can handle, a tray loading external drive would probably be your best solution.
- Answered by Wallace K from New Berlin
- Jun 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
No. Regular-sized discs only, smaller discs will most likely get stuck inside any slot-loading disc drive.
- Answered by Timothy M from Hillsboro
- Jul 3, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
No it just kicks them back out
- Answered by Cameron K from Lakeside
- Jul 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
I have a sony handy cam that uses mini dvd's. It has no firewire or usb> What do I need to to use to turn the mini discs into dvd?
- Asked by Melissa H from Oregon City
- Mar 1, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a sony handy cam that uses mini dvd's. It has no firewire or usb> What do I need to to use to turn the mini discs into dvd?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
Can I download videos from my canon hv40 camcorder
- Asked by John T from Allentown
- Jul 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I download videos from my canon hv40 camcorder)
- Asked about: Mac
how do I connect my camcorder to my computer?
- Asked by Nate L from Saint Paul
- Nov 24, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I connect my camcorder to my computer?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
No answers yet