Is it possible to use my 2008 SuperDrive on my Macbook Pro?
I bought a SuperDrive in 2008 for my Macbook Air (first generation) and still use it. I just bought a MacBook Pro with Retina display and I am having trouble using the SuperDrive on my new computer. It said something like "SuperDrive not compatible with computer." However, when I look at this SuperDrive, it says it should be compatible. Because I have an older SuperDrive, will it no longer be compatible with my new computer?
- Asked by Gianna Z from Arroyo Grande
- Nov 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to use my 2008 SuperDrive on my Macbook Pro?)
1 Answer from the Community
Possibly, however it is recommended you get the newer version in case of much-needed improvements from your 2008 one.
- Answered by Dylan J from Acworth
- Apr 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I share an Apple SuperDrive using the new Airport Time Capsule?
- Asked by Benjamin M from Arlington
- Jun 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I share an Apple SuperDrive using the new Airport Time Capsule?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
Which OSX can I download for my macbook pro 2008
- Asked by Engin D
- Jul 20, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Which OSX can I download for my macbook pro 2008)
- Asked about: Mac