Does it work with an older macbook air?
Some of the answers indicate this new portable superdrive will work with any mac that does not have a superdrive built in. That indicates it should also work with an older Macbook Air. However, if it works with an older Macbook Air why doesn't it work on any Mac? I have an older iMac that has a superdrive that won't work properly because it was switched to to many locations. Instead of buying a new superdrive for it I would have liked to purchase the portable superdrive since my iMac will require replacing within the year and it makes more sense to buy this drive now so I already have it to go with the new iMac.
- Asked by Tom B from Welland
- Nov 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with an older macbook air?)
2 Answers from the Community
It will only work with a Mac that shipped without an internal SuperDrive. So, it will work with a MacBook Air, but will not work with any iMac except the newest generation that lacked internal SuperDrives. My understanding is this is a limitation built into the firmware of the USB SuperDrive.
- Answered by Keith H from Baton Rouge
- May 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Check the Supported Products section to verify it.
- Answered by Dylan J from Acworth
- Apr 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Macbook Air 2013 or older Macbook Pro
- Asked by Matt N from Fort Worth
- Jul 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Macbook Air 2013 or older Macbook Pro)
- Asked about: Mac
MacBook Air 11 to older TV
- Asked by Anne-viviane M from Waterloo
- Nov 20, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (MacBook Air 11 to older TV)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
No answers yet
Is it safe to use any of the MacBook chargers on the older MacBook airs or should I only use the 45 watt model?
- Asked by Georgina T from Albany
- Dec 17, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it safe to use any of the MacBook chargers on the older MacBook airs or should I only use the 45 watt model?)
- Asked about: Apple 85W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter (…