Is this USB 3.0 or USB 2.0?
Does this have USB 3.0 or USB 2.0?
- Asked by Jackson H from Avon
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this USB 3.0 or USB 2.0?)
4 Answers from the Community
USB 2.0, but the speed of USB 2.0 is much more then you need due to the read/write restrictions of DVDs/CDs.
- Answered by Mark G from Mobile
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No more guesswork required:
Checked both the "new" USB Superdrive and a MacBook Air Superdrive with a new MacBook Air (with USB 3.0). In System Profiler the only difference was the Serial Number.
Speed was 480 MBit/s (USB2), Model Number and Version Number were the same for both drives.
Sum up: same drive, new box.
- Answered by Mark N from Edmonton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
2.0 dvds have such low read and write speeds that it doesn't mater
- Answered by Lawrence B from Flower Mound
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
USB 2.0 Connector that goes into the Computer itself, because that is the one thats available in the MacBook. the Other end of the wire is FIXED into the unit itself, and that's where the USB 3.0 Connector would had been, if Apple had been so inclined to design it with a "RemoveAble" USB Wire, but thats an option they choose NOT to incorporate. I beleive it has somthing to do with the way it is designed, that it will ONLY work with Specific Units, even within the Apple Family.
- Answered by Thomas B from Richmond
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Are USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt compatible, is there an adapter presently on the market? If not can I upgrade my USB 2.0 to 3.0 on my Macbook?
- Asked by Joshua T from South Abington Township
- Jan 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Are USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt compatible, is there an adapter presently on the market? If not can I upgrade my USB 2.0 to 3.0 on my Macbook?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2.0 m) - W…