Old Mac will work with MagSafe 2 ???
My old macBook Pro 15 " Power Supply does not charge the battery but the LED is green and computer works when plugged in electric outlet.
Tested 2 different batteries and the result is the same!
Please advise which Adapter I do have to get
- Asked by Oswaldo N from Colleyville
- Jun 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Old Mac will work with MagSafe 2 ???)
3 Answers from the Community
No, this is only for the newer MBP. The connector is different. You need to get the original MagSafe charger (Apple 85W MagSafe Power Adapter (for 15- and 17-inch MacBook Pro)).
- Answered by Dj P from Duvall
- Jun 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No it will not. An older MagSafe will work with MagSafe 2 via the new adapter but it will not work the other way.
You need an 85W MagSafe adapter, NOT a MagSafe 2
- Answered by Matt P
- Aug 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
This charger is only for the Retina MacBook Pro. MagSafe 2 cables are only for computers that use MagSafe 2 power ports.
- Answered by Timothy M from Hillsboro
- Jul 3, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
which HDTV works with 2 yr old mac mini
- Asked by Matt D from Winston Salem
- Nov 17, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (which HDTV works with 2 yr old mac mini)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
Can I use the power connector from an old 2006 13" Macbook on a new 11" macbook air with the MagSafe to MagSafe2 converter?
- Asked by Eavan O
- Jun 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the power connector from an old 2006 13" Macbook on a new 11" macbook air with the MagSafe to MagSafe2 converter?)
- Asked about: Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter for…