Will it be faster?
MagSafe 2 has 85W as opposed to Magsafe's 45W.
I assume this means MagSafe 2 chargers will charge quicker?
If so, using the adapter on the lower one (45w) will be slower?
- Asked by Loic V
- Aug 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it be faster?)
1 Answer from the Community
The converter doesn't change your charging speeds at all, it just allows you to connect your old MagSafe cord to the new MagSafe 2 plug.
Obviously a 45W will be slower than a 85W in terms of charging speeds. Just expect to see the same speeds with or without the converter.
- Answered by Josh W from Kalamazoo
- Aug 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
is this faster than most routers
- Asked by Jason K from Lesiville
- Jun 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (is this faster than most routers)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
No answers yet
Does it charge faster than a normal charger?
- Asked by Sarah M from Londonderry
- Apr 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it charge faster than a normal charger?)
- Asked about: Belkin Swivel Charger + Lightning C…
Is this cable faster than the old connection?
- Asked by Daniel S
- Sep 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this cable faster than the old connection?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Cable (1 m)