Which end is which?

There is a standard for describing electrical connections that is not used here. For 115 V AC, on the end of a cable one plugs into an outlet is a MALE connector. The outlet is a FEMALE connector. Is this gizmo a MALE MagSafe2 and FEMALE MagSafe1, or is it a MALE MagSafe1 and FEMALE MagSafe2. I think it is the former, but it's hard to be sure from the description.

MALE MagSafe2 and FEMALE MagSafe1 would allow charging of a newer computer with an older power adapter.

MALE MagSafe1 and FEMALE MagSafe2 would allow charging of an older computer with a newer power adaptor.

Each task is going to be desired by some users. Why is there only one kind of adapter?

Back To Product

Follow this Question

No Answers have been submitted

Be the first to answer this question.  Answer now

Related Questions