Might be a "duh" question, but it wouldn't work on a 2008, 17" MacBook Pro would it???
Somehow the magnetic head of my 85W (model A1222) power adapter tore. It will charge but I have to jiggle it a bit to stay. I was hoping the MagSafe 2 converter would fit this particular portal.
- Asked by Shaina H from Richond
- Oct 1, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Might be a "duh" question, but it wouldn't work on a 2008, 17" MacBook Pro would it???)
1 Answer from the Community
No, that won't work. The converter only connects the fatter, shorter "old" style mag safe connector to the newer, thinner "new" style.
Breakage of the type that you described is common. Apple has some kind of special campaign -- google "apple magsafe replacement" and the link -- to Apple's support website, which link I am not allowed to paste into this message -- will be displayed.
- Answered by Kevin W from Hendersonville
- Oct 3, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
A1261 2008 MacBook Pro charger adapter cable?
- Asked by Moira M
- Sep 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (A1261 2008 MacBook Pro charger adapter cable?)
- Asked about: Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter for…
No answers yet
do the 17in and 15 in take the same battery?
- Asked by Anthony H
- Jul 7, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (do the 17in and 15 in take the same battery?)
- Asked about: Rechargeable Battery - 13-inch MacB…