mac book pro retina and sound cards
I bought the new macbook pro retina and I NEED to plug in my sound card which is the profire 2626 with a fire wire 400 output.
Can anybody help me to find the best solution?
- Asked by Simone H from Venezuela
- Nov 28, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (mac book pro retina and sound cards)
2 Answers from the Community
Instead of two adapters, it is better if you get a cable one side FW400 and the other FW800, to be plugged directly in the apple FW800 to TB adapter.
Check the specs of your sound card as this adapter provides 7W power. Not so cool, considering what it costs, but that's how they made it.
- Answered by Alberto T from Firenze
- Apr 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have a similar problem since I need to use MBP Retina w/Focusrite Saffire Pro24DSP (Fw400 only).
I'm reassured by Focusrite that: Mac-Thund/Fw800 adapter-Fw800/Fw400 adapter-soundcard or interface will still work and provide bus power although of course it will only work at Fw400 speed.
So you'll need two adapters (a pain I know, but that looks like the best solution for now at least!).
Hope that's helpful
- Answered by Andy N
- Dec 18, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Help? I need a sound card and a mic to record audio interview on my Mac book Pro. Should i buy an Apogee one or Apogee mic digital microphone?
- Asked by Louise D from Waverton
- Mar 11, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Help? I need a sound card and a mic to record audio interview on my Mac book Pro. Should i buy an Apogee one or Apogee mic digital microphone?)
- Asked about: Apogee ONE USB Microphone and Audio…
Can I engrave a Mac Book pro with retina display
- Asked by Oswaldo L
- May 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I engrave a Mac Book pro with retina display)
- Asked about: Mac
Is AutoCAD compatible with 15 in Mac Book Pro Retina ?
- Asked by Ravi D from Guwahati
- Mar 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is AutoCAD compatible with 15 in Mac Book Pro Retina ?)
- Asked about: Mac