do multiple TB-FW adapters create multiple FW busses?
I have a question concerning the use of multiple thunderbolt to firewire adapters. If I plug two of these into an iMac, and then a drive to each adapter, would those devices present themselves to the computer as being on two different firewire busses, or one unified firewire bus?
Some people on here have commented on how they have multiple drives daisy-chained to one adapter, that is not what I am asking about, as in that kind of situation you can easily saturate a single firewire buss.
My purpose here is to use Universal Audio's Satellite UAD product (firewire) in addition to a firewire audio interface. the Satellite prefers to be the sole device on a FW chain for best performance, so what I would like to do is use one adapter for a satellite, and one for a firewire audio interface, and have the two operate independently on their own busses.
Does anyone know if this is possible? Has anyone tried it?
- Asked by Henry R from Chandler
- Jun 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (do multiple TB-FW adapters create multiple FW busses?)
No Answers have been submitted
Be the first to answer this question. Answer now
can i use this as a single plug-in for multiple displays and accessories?
- Asked by Tyler P from Madison
- May 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use this as a single plug-in for multiple displays and accessories?)
- Asked about: Belkin Thunderbolt Express Dock
Can you use multiple USB Ethernet Adapters connected to a USB hub to be able to support multiple IP interfaces?
- Asked by Mike S from Mountlake Terrace
- Oct 26, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use multiple USB Ethernet Adapters connected to a USB hub to be able to support multiple IP interfaces?)
- Asked about: Apple USB Ethernet Adapter
Can I bridge multiple bulbs to control them simultaneously?
- Asked by Angus G from Kedron
- Jan 11, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I bridge multiple bulbs to control them simultaneously?)
- Asked about: Philips Hue Connected Bulb - Starte…