Can the Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter be used for capturing video from DV recorders and/or cameras? Thanks in advance for any response
1 Answer from the Community
I bought Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter for my Mac Book Pro with Retina Display. Then I realized it is FireWire 800 instead of FireWire 400. I bought the iWires FireWire 800 to FireWire 400 Cable and used it with Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter and was able to capture video from my Sony DV recorder using Apple Final Cut Pro X.
I think it is possible to use the Belkin FireWire 800/400 9-Pin to 4-Pin Cable as well, although I have not try it. Just make sure your DV recorder is using 4-pin or 6-pin FireWire port.
- Answered by Tang Fung W from Hong Kong
- Aug 30, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can the Apple Thunderbolt Firewire cable be used to connect my minidv sony camera to my macbook air?
- Asked by Paul N from Chicago
- Jun 19, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Apple Thunderbolt Firewire cable be used to connect my minidv sony camera to my macbook air?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (0.5 m) - W…
Can I capture video from camcorder?
- Asked by Clarence G from Suffolk
- Oct 7, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I capture video from camcorder?)
- Asked about: Elgato Video Capture
No answers yet