Can this be used to connect a Thunderbolt External HDD to a Gigabit Ethernet Network? Thanks Much!
- Asked by Brian M from Goodyear
- Jun 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used to connect a Thunderbolt External HDD to a Gigabit Ethernet Network? Thanks Much!)
2 Answers from the Community
Most Thunderbolt Ext HDD don't have much processing power and just respond to calls from your computer to store data or send data.
There's no support for NAS (network attached storage) built-in to existing Thunderbolt Ext HDDs.
- Answered by Chris S from San Jose
- Jun 19, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No, because the hardware in the HD most likely does not support internet sharing. You can connect both the adapter and the HD to the thunderbolt ports on your computer and then share the HD via the shared settings in your Mac's system preferences.
- Answered by Joshua G from Ft Lauderdale
- Nov 3, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2