Are the edges supposed to be sharp?
I just picked up the new case from an apple store and after getting home and fitting it to my iPad I was disappointed at how nasty it feels to hold the iPad now. The edges of this case are really sharp and I wondered if it was really designed that way or if mine had been manufactured wrongly.
Also, if th iPad is held upside down the cover falls away, shouldn't the magnets hold it in place?
- Asked by Paul J
- Jun 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Are the edges supposed to be sharp?)
2 Answers from the Community
Personally i shopped everywhere and theres a lot on the market , but i kept being drawn back to the smart case , because the answer is in the answer it really is a smart case , its durable , its not too sharpe i can run my fingers on edges hard , not a cut ,because somehow they've managed to make the millimetre edges slightly softer , then theres the aesthetic reasons , with the choice of colours theres one for every ipad , and the protection offered is brilliant , I've had my 4th gen ipad for 10months now and have only seen the back of ipad twice since the day i bought , i bought the smart case same day , consequently its never been off , my ipad looks as good today, scratch and blemish free as the day i bought it , its for all purposes a brand new pad , because its been fantastically protected with the smart case .
- Answered by John D
- Jun 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It's sort of designed that way. Mine is also like that -- I wouldn't say it's sharp enough to cut you, but it's certainly not nice to run your finger along the edge
- Answered by Kit Hoong T from Petaling Jaya
- Jul 4, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
What is the new airport express made out of? is that aluminum around the edges?
- Asked by Joey P from West Lafayette
- Jul 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the new airport express made out of? is that aluminum around the edges?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
Are the plugs for the Continental Europe plug supposed to be bent inward a little or does my product have a defect?
- Asked by Nora R from Lorain
- Dec 26, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Are the plugs for the Continental Europe plug supposed to be bent inward a little or does my product have a defect?)
- Asked about: Apple World Travel Adapter Kit
Is there a case for it? (the corners are very sharp!)
- Asked by Martina G
- Dec 19, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a case for it? (the corners are very sharp!))
- Asked about: LaCie 1TB Porsche Design P'9223 USB…