Do I need to keep the magnetic cover away from other electronics, like my laptop?
When I use my iPad 2, I usually lay it right next to, or sometimes right on top of (if I'm limited for space) my laptop. I also have it by my phone, my iPod, etc. Do I need to worry about the magnetic cover harming my other electronics?
- Asked by Lynn P from Angola
- Apr 1, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need to keep the magnetic cover away from other electronics, like my laptop?)
3 Answers from the Community
This is harder to answer. The Smart Cover works with magnets, there is magnet on the cover and inside the device itself, that is why it does need much effort to get it perfectly aligned. Stronger magnets could hurt electronic ESP a LCD screen, may cause dead pixels but the magnet that is used in the SC and in the iPad will not harm your other electronics, it's not strong enough and that's why they are relatively easy to remove. If the magnets were any stronger you may have some problems but I am certain Apple though of that since they stated they made the SC and the iPad 2 at the same time. I have a MB Pro and I will lay the iPad down for a few sec/mins on the keyboard and the magnets sometimes put the iPad in sleep mode but as soon as I remove it or change placements it turns back on. It's not something you should worry about. Hope this helps clear things up for you.
- Answered by Bryan Y from Cockeysville
- Apr 1, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
- Answered by Terence M from Forester
- Apr 27, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
no, the magnets are built into the ipad, not the smart cover
- Answered by Jack S from Mahtomedi
- Apr 22, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can you use this stand with apple hard cases with removable magnetic cover?
- Asked by Janis B from Crystal Lake
- Oct 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use this stand with apple hard cases with removable magnetic cover?)
- Asked about: Cooler Master REN Stand for iPad
Do these headphones keep EFM radiation away from my head?
- Asked by Janet M from Hunt
- Aug 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Do these headphones keep EFM radiation away from my head?)
- Asked about: Bose® MIE2i Mobile Headset