Do I have to buy any cover when purchasing an iPad2?
When I visited an Apple store, they say if I want to buy an iPad2, I HAVE TO buy the smart cover as well, but I don't really like to buy a cover right now. So is that mandatory??
- Asked by Ni W from Toronto
- Apr 26, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I have to buy any cover when purchasing an iPad2?)
3 Answers from the Community
that is strange. I ordered directly from the Apple site and just received my iPad a few days ago. Today, I did purchase the smart cover as I want to protect my investment. I found a BoxWave back that is designed to be used with the smart cover.
- Answered by Cc N from Woodland Park
- Apr 27, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
- Answered by Terence M from Forester
- Apr 27, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
You don't have to anything but they were made for one another. I had the same dilemma but I bought it anyways just to see how it works and it extremely easy to use and IMHO its a 3 in one accessory. Not only does it protect your screen it also doubles as 2 stands( one in typing mode and one in viewing). Its a simple concept but the true test lays with you. Find a use for it in your everyday life and then decide if you want to keep it or not. Key thing to remember is that this is a smartCOVER and not a CASE because it will not protect the device from being dropped.
Personally, I have both the SC and an clear shield to prevent it from being scratch for the time being and once I get the shield for the screen then I will feel most comfortable using the decide.
How do you intend on protecting the screen of the iPad because different case adds unneccessary weight/bulk to the device. IMHO the cover goes hand in hand with the iPad plus if you don't like it there is always a "buyers remorse" period which will help you decide.
- Answered by Bryan Y from Cockeysville
- May 20, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
I've just purchased an ipad 2 and an ipad 2 dock. Is there any cover that you can buy for the ipad 2 that can stay on when the ipad 2 is in the dock?
- Asked by Melissa C from West Launceston
- Jul 2, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (I've just purchased an ipad 2 and an ipad 2 dock. Is there any cover that you can buy for the ipad 2 that can stay on when the ipad 2 is in the dock?)
- Asked about: Apple iPad Dock
where can i buy ipad2 covers
- Asked by Diana G from Huntington Beach
- Feb 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (where can i buy ipad2 covers)
- Asked about: iPad
No answers yet