What is a dongle?
I see people asking if they could use a "dongle" with an iPad or iPad 2 WiFi (which I have). I did not understand the conversations, but I would like to know what is a dongle and if it might be of interest for me for my iPad 2.
- Asked by Judy R from Bronx
- Aug 30, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What is a dongle?)
3 Answers from the Community
Can I use a dongle on my iPad
- Answered by Deborah C
- Apr 15, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
A dongle is what the rest of the world calls an air card, wireless internet card. Its those little gizmos at the cell phone shops that look like think nub antennas. They are good for laptop that didn't come with a wireless internet card so that your laptop can either pick up wireless internet or support its own internet via its own data plan.
- Answered by Daniel H from Fort Walton Beach
- Jan 22, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
A dongle is used to access wifi anywhere.
- Answered by Margaret P
- Nov 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Will my wireless dongle work on my ipad
- Asked by Anthony B
- Aug 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will my wireless dongle work on my ipad)
- Asked about: Apple Composite AV Cable
No answers yet
Can I use this keyboard with my PC if I have a bluetooth dongle??
- Asked by Daniel B from Martel
- Dec 22, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this keyboard with my PC if I have a bluetooth dongle??)
- Asked about: Apple Wireless Keyboard - English