Does the Apple iPad 2 Dock work in portrait?
I am looking for a solution that will allow me to have a keyboard (preferably wireless, but a dock will do). I read some people saying they suggest getting the wireless Bluetooth keyboard and pair it with this dock. However, from what I can tell, it doesn't seem like is supports both portrait and landscape. Just curious if I'm wrong. Thanks!
- Asked by Michael M from Berkeley
- Apr 10, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Apple iPad 2 Dock work in portrait?)
4 Answers from the Community
The iPad 2 dock ONLY works in portrait, not landscape
- Answered by Alexander A from Harkaway
- Apr 23, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You have to use a bluetooth (wireless keyboard) the dock doesn't create an attachment for keyboards. The iPad sits in the dock in the portrait position as the connection is on the bottom of the iPad. I hope this helps.
- Answered by Stuart K
- Apr 12, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes, however, the iPad 2 Dock does not support landscape mode because of the way the dock is designed.
- Answered by Tony T from Lakewood
- Apr 12, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
I am guessing people say that landscape mode is unsupported since you can't plug the iPad in landscape mode. But I bought the iPad 2 dock for my new iPad and it sits fine in landscape mode so I can watch stuff and touch the screen in this orientation too. It's steady so there's no risk in dropping and the connector doesn't scratch the back of the iPad (unless you press it deliberately I suppose).
- Answered by Dimitris S
- Mar 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Will the iPad work in both portrait and landscape view with this keyboard?
- Asked by Linda S from Goldthwaite
- Jul 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the iPad work in both portrait and landscape view with this keyboard?)
- Asked about: Apple Wireless Keyboard - English
Can you use the stand in portrait view
- Asked by Peggy R from Wellington
- Sep 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use the stand in portrait view)
- Asked about: LifeProof nüüd Case for iPad
No answers yet