When connected to a MacBook pro, how do you turn everything on?
Basically I have a laptop pro stand so the display will be on top with the MacBook stored under. Do I have to pull it all apart and open the laptop just to turn it on every time? I didn't see a power button on the display or anything...
- Asked by Jordan P from Bonne Terre
- Apr 28, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (When connected to a MacBook pro, how do you turn everything on?)
1 Answer from the Community
I currently have a Bookarc stand for my MBP and use it in clamshell mode almost all of the time when connected to the Thunderbolt Display. I leave my MBP in sleep mode when not in use, and use a wired keyboard when using the display, which I leave connected to one of the USB ports in the back of the Thunderbolt Display. When I get home I attach the Macbook Pro using the Thunderbolt cable and power adapter, and push the space bar on the wired keyboard to wake my Mac up. This works every time, and after I type my password to log in, my wireless trackpad shows connected via bluetooth. As far as a power button, you are correct, the Thunderbolt Display does not have a power button, but with the configuration that I use and mentioned, one is not needed.
- Answered by Anthony S from Brunswick
- Apr 30, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
how can i hook up my playstation 3 and macbook pro?
- Asked by Oliver F from Ponte Vedra Beach
- Nov 19, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (how can i hook up my playstation 3 and macbook pro?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
Can I turn off the iPad screen while watching netflix or a slideshow with this connected? When iPad goes to sleep, everything shuts off.
- Asked by Gerald C from Glen Cove
- Mar 16, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I turn off the iPad screen while watching netflix or a slideshow with this connected? When iPad goes to sleep, everything shuts off.)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter
can I connect macbook pro with Thunderbolt
- Asked by Cassandra H from San Diego
- May 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can I connect macbook pro with Thunderbolt)
- Asked about: Mac