Thunderbolt display, thunderbolt storage and networks/NAS
If the thunderbolt display is connected to my home network via ethernet (i.e. to my router)and also to a thunderbolt storage drive (such as the LaCie 4TB 2 big thunderbolt drive), will the storage drive function as a NAS that can be accessed by other devices on my network (e.g. for streaming photos and music to my Sonos, PC laptop, etc without a macbook being connected to the display too)?
- Asked by Tim A
- Mar 1, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt display, thunderbolt storage and networks/NAS)
1 Answer from the Community
No. The computer is necessary to control the Thunderbolt drive to share it on a network. If the computer is not connected to the Thunderbolt Display there is no connection of the drive to the network.
- Answered by James H from Portland
- Jun 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can it be used with Apple Thunderbolt Display?
- Asked by Mikhail G from Henderson
- Dec 27, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can it be used with Apple Thunderbolt Display?)
- Asked about: Sanus Swivel Column Clamp Mount VMD…
Are there any Thunderbolt Displays that are not Apple's? I want to use the dock in dual display mode, but need Thunderbolt.
- Asked by Paul H from East Grand Forks
- Jan 23, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Are there any Thunderbolt Displays that are not Apple's? I want to use the dock in dual display mode, but need Thunderbolt.)
- Asked about: Belkin Thunderbolt 2 Express HD Doc…