Thunderbolt display, thunderbolt storage and networks/NAS
If the thunderbolt display is connected to my home network via ethernet (i.e. to my router)and also to a thunderbolt storage drive (such as the LaCie 4TB 2 big thunderbolt drive), will the storage drive function as a NAS that can be accessed by other devices on my network (e.g. for streaming photos and music to my Sonos, PC laptop, etc without a macbook being connected to the display too)?
- Asked by Tim A
- Mar 1, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt display, thunderbolt storage and networks/NAS)
1 Answer from the Community
No. The computer is necessary to control the Thunderbolt drive to share it on a network. If the computer is not connected to the Thunderbolt Display there is no connection of the drive to the network.
- Answered by James H from Portland
- Jun 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this work with Apple Thunderbolt Display?
- Asked by Tuomo A
- Jan 18, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with Apple Thunderbolt Display?)
- Asked about: Bretford MobilePro Wall Mount