Thunderbolt display cable length/extension
Apple doesn't say, but I've read that the integral Thunderbolt cable is just one meter (or three feet approx.). I have also read that it is possible to extend this by purchasing the two meter Thunderbolt cable from Apple and connecting to the extra port, but then I will not have powered USB / Firewire ports on the display.
Question: is there a connector that would allow me to extend the integral cable by adding Apple's cable and thus retain use of the Thunderbolt port and allow power to the USB & Firewire ports.
I am will be using this with a rMacbook Pro. I have some work I need to do at a few feet distant from the monitor.
- Asked by Jonathan B from Miami
- Oct 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt display cable length/extension)
No Answers have been submitted
Be the first to answer this question. Answer now
Will this cable work from a Thunderbolt MBP to a FEMALE Thunderbolt jack on a Thunderbolt Display?
- Asked by David Y from Los Altos
- Oct 5, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this cable work from a Thunderbolt MBP to a FEMALE Thunderbolt jack on a Thunderbolt Display?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2.0 m) - W…
Is is thunderbolt backwards compatible with mini display port devices and cables?
- Asked by Hasan N from Iselin
- May 4, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is is thunderbolt backwards compatible with mini display port devices and cables?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter