Dual 27" ACD possible? 2011 MBP 15 --> ACD 27" (thunderbolt) --> ACD 27" (display port)
I have a 2010 27" ACD (non thunderbolt) and I have an MBP 15" 2011 with thunderbolt. I want to buy a new 27" ACD with thunderbolt and connect my MBP --> Thunderbolt 27" ACD and then connect 27" ACD displayport to the back of the Thunderbolt 27" ACD.
- Asked by Efstathios M from Dallas
- Dec 24, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Dual 27" ACD possible? 2011 MBP 15 --> ACD 27" (thunderbolt) --> ACD 27" (display port))
2 Answers from the Community
MBP To Thunderbolt Display then the Thunderbolt Display has a Thunderbolt port on the back and you connect the ACD to that. That's my setup and it works fine.
- Answered by Zed B
- Jan 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The other answer here is CORRECT. I just verified this with Apple pre-sales via chat. Apparently some people say it is not possible to go MBP (with Thunderbolt) > ATD > ACD. But it is possible.
- Answered by Lee L from Asheville
- Feb 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
How many monitors can I use on a 2011 27" iMac with dual Thunderbolt ports?
- Asked by Michael M from Cedar City
- Jun 2, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (How many monitors can I use on a 2011 27" iMac with dual Thunderbolt ports?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
Is this product compatible with 27" Thunderbolt display?
- Asked by John C from Montgomery
- Sep 5, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this product compatible with 27" Thunderbolt display?)
- Asked about: Kensington SafeDome Secure Lock for…