Does the stand detach from the display unit? I would like to purchase one of these but need to transport in a suitcase (with plenty of padding!).
1 Answer from the Community
Apple offers a VESA adapter for iMac and Thunderbolt displays (NOT the Adapter for the Cinema display), which seems to include a tool to remove the detachable stand.
So basically: Yes, the stand is detachable, but you may have to buy the VESA iMac adapter to get the tool required to detach the stand.
- Answered by Matthias K
- Dec 18, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
is there a sleeve i can get to protect it in transport?
- Asked by Mason K from Davenport
- Dec 18, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (is there a sleeve i can get to protect it in transport?)
- Asked about: Apple Wireless Keyboard - English
Do you need to remove from stand to power on?
- Asked by Thomas T from Hampton
- Aug 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Do you need to remove from stand to power on?)
- Asked about: Just Mobile AluBase Stand for MacBo…