Can a Thunderbolt display switch between two computers?
If a Thunderbolt display is the primary display for a Mac Mini, is it possible for the display to switch to a MacBook Air? Without necessarily pulling the Thunderbolt connection from the Mac Mini? (Extra credit if this means the two machines could share the same USB-connected keyboard and mouse, via the same display?)
To the best of my knowledge, there aren't any Thunderbolt console switches yet. I'd prefer never to buy one.
- Asked by Marco N from Moraga
- Nov 21, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can a Thunderbolt display switch between two computers?)
1 Answer from the Community
The simplest solution may be to connect the mini using thunderbolt and then connect the pro to the display using FireWire, then use a screen share program. With this you should have full control of both computers on the one screen using the mouse and keyboard connected to your Mini.
- Answered by Sean M from North Bay
- Dec 9, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
May I use two of this GPU with two 27" thunderbolt display?!
- Asked by Arturo L from Winnetka
- Oct 8, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (May I use two of this GPU with two 27" thunderbolt display?!)
- Asked about: NVIDIA Quadro 4000 for Mac
Using a thunderbolt display with a PC?
- Asked by Gloria L from York
- Nov 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Using a thunderbolt display with a PC?)
- Asked about: Mac
I have a two-year-old MacBook Air, with NO thunderbolt port. Will this monitor connect to it?
- Asked by Timothy T F from San Francisco
- Aug 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a two-year-old MacBook Air, with NO thunderbolt port. Will this monitor connect to it?)
- Asked about: Refurbished Apple LED Cinema Displa…