What cable would get me the best result?
I just order the 27' iMac 2011 and wanted to know if I can take advantage of the thunderbolt ports on the iMac by connecting my HDTV directly to the thunderbolt ports some how.
Or is there Thunderbolt to HDMI converter?
- Asked by Glen O from Koondoola
- May 26, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (What cable would get me the best result?)
1 Answer from the Community
Thunderbolt is mainly a standard for data transfer. If you are connecting only one display, there is no benefit over DisplayPort, and, in fact, the thunderbolt cable is really only using the DisplayPort standard.
If you would like to connect it to your iMac to your TV, you can use either a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter and an HDMI cable, or you can get a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI cable to either extend or mirror your iMac's display onto your television.
If you would like to truly take advantage of thunderbolt, I suggest buying a Promise Pegasus 4TB RAID system from Apple, it will let you see just how fast thunderbolt really is.
- Answered by Alex H from Cedar Rapids
- Jul 16, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
What is best way software for presentations
- Asked by Sm H
- May 6, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (What is best way software for presentations)
- Asked about: Mac
No answers yet
Has anyone had dirt/grit get caught inside this case and experience scratches on their iPad as a result? This is an issue with many iPad cases.
- Asked by Alex R C from New York
- Jul 17, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Has anyone had dirt/grit get caught inside this case and experience scratches on their iPad as a result? This is an issue with many iPad cases.)
- Asked about: iPad Smart Case - Polyurethane - Da…