i have apple tv do i need a optical cable aswell as the hdmi cable to play dolby digital and dts content through a AV receiver
1 Answer from the Community
Most likely yes, although this depends on your receiver. The Apple HDMI cable has audio pass through, meaning that whether it is Dolby, DTS, or PCM audio streams, those streams will be carried on the HDMI cable. If your received can receive audio on HDMI interfaces, you should be all set.
- Answered by Jeffrey A from Brighton
- Sep 21, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is it possible to watch live tv via the digital av adapter connected to my television with the hdmi cable?.
- Asked by Graham L
- Aug 10, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to watch live tv via the digital av adapter connected to my television with the hdmi cable?.)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter
Playing music via Apple TV
- Asked by Sue H
- Apr 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Playing music via Apple TV)
- Asked about: Apple TV