Can this cable connect Apple TV to a computer monitor that has an HDMI slot.
Im interested in Apple TV and was wondering if I could purchase a monitor that accepts HDMI so I can use Apple TV like I normally would with a regular tv.
- Asked by David L from Belton
- May 17, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this cable connect Apple TV to a computer monitor that has an HDMI slot.)
2 Answers from the Community
Yes you can use this cable to directly connect an Apple TV to any monitor with an HDMI port. As of Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, Macs do not have Front Row anymore. Also this July (2012) OS X Mountain Lion will be released, with which you will be able to wirelessly 'mirror' the screen of your Mac, iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to any Apple TV you have.
- Answered by Toby R from Brisbane
- Jul 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Not all monitor can support the Apple TV, only monitor that is HDCP ready or HDCP support can connect to the Apple TV.
- Answered by Kyle M from Ottawa
- Oct 7, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
HDMI Cables for iPad Minis
- Asked by Lavinia I
- Dec 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (HDMI Cables for iPad Minis)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter
No answers yet
how can I hook up apple tv when I already have a cable box connected to the tv in the hdmi slot
- Asked by Benson P from Chapel Hill
- Aug 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (how can I hook up apple tv when I already have a cable box connected to the tv in the hdmi slot)
- Asked about: Apple TV