How do I connect my MacBook Pro (Mac OS X 10.6.8) with an HP w2207 monitor?
I see from the Apple Support Communities forum that in April 2010 there were problems with this when a large number of people upgraded from Snow Leopard 10.5.8, and their Macs wouldn't recognize this monitor, when previously they had done so prior to upgrading their OS.
I don't want to get the wrong or an unnecessary cable, nor do I want to mess with the software.
- Asked by Jeremy H
- Apr 7, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I connect my MacBook Pro (Mac OS X 10.6.8) with an HP w2207 monitor?)
1 Answer from the Community
This is very interesting as I've never heard that.
I would recommend taking your computer to the nearest Apple store and getting definitive answers on whether this is true. Just tell them what you've heard. If you get the answer you want, and it looks good, show your laptop, and see if they can fix you up with a cable.
I will tell you this. There are almost no aftermarket cables. Most all the cables come from Apple.
One thing I know is that there was some changes to some of the software so you can mirror through Apple TV. Meaning, one can rent/buy a movie on iTunes and run it on your mac. Then you can mirror it to your TV using Apple TV. Pretty cool. That was OSX Mountain Lion and up.
Either way, you need person to person assistance.
- Answered by Donald B from Portland
- Jan 30, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will my Macbook Pro Work on Elgato Capture card on Mac OS X 10.6.8?
- Asked by Dennis A B from Everett
- Apr 21, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will my Macbook Pro Work on Elgato Capture card on Mac OS X 10.6.8?)
- Asked about: Elgato Game Capture HD Game Recorde…
will it work with os 10.6.8
- Asked by Natalia F
- Apr 19, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (will it work with os 10.6.8)
- Asked about: WD 2TB My Passport for Mac Portable…