can my Ipod Classic play through the Apple Composite AV Cable to a car radio with right connection cables.
1 Answer from the Community
Yes but protect the video out connector with a cap or tape or a tiny plastic bag and tape because if you allow it to short to ground or power it will most likely damage the unit. Additionally only make or break connections with power off. You can also use your USB car charger to provide power and charge at the same time...
If you want a more elegant solution I'd recommend the universal dock since all you need is a simple audio cable such as the Belkin Y Adapter Cable for iPhone/iPod (3.5mm PLUG/2-RCA plugs) - 7 ft and you're good to go for playback and if you already have a USB car charger it simply plugs into the other dock port. BTW the dock comes with a universal remote it also adds limited remote functions. adds a bit of safety overall and besides it's way too kewll for using in a car...
- Answered by Kenneth E B from Warner Robins
- Oct 10, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Composite AV Cable for iPhone 5
- Asked by David M from El Dorado Hills
- Aug 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Composite AV Cable for iPhone 5)
- Asked about: iPhone
can the ipod shuffle connect to car radio thru the usb cable on the shuffle?
- Asked by Kenneth H from Palmyra
- Mar 10, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can the ipod shuffle connect to car radio thru the usb cable on the shuffle?)
- Asked about: iPod
can you use the composite AV cable to connect the apple TV with out the hdmi cable
- Asked by Avinash S from Honolulu
- Jan 31, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can you use the composite AV cable to connect the apple TV with out the hdmi cable)
- Asked about: Apple TV